BABIES AND CHIROPRACTIC
During childbirth, the soft skull, the back of the head, the upper cervical spine and pelvis are often injured / subluxated. Causes are often: a long birth period, the use of suction cups and forceps, an unfavorable delivery position or a cesarean section.
In a subluxated spine, the transmission of nerve impulses are disturbed. It can cause movement disorders as well as behavioral and developmental disorders. The so-called KiSS SYNDROME (Kinematic Imbalance due to Suboccipital Strain)) can develop.
TYPICAL SYMPTOMS OF SUBLUXATIONS OF THE INFANT ARE:
– drinks badly
– prefers the same breast while drinking
– holds its head tilted to one side
– is very sensitive on the neck
– always sleeps on the same side
– has skull/face asymmetries
– has sleep disorders
– often screams colicky
– has difficulty holding its head up
– moves arms and / or legs asymmetrically
– has one-sided deformity of the feet
– cries while sleeping and is restless during the day
EXAMINATION AND TREATMENT
The examination and adjustment of the baby is only done by gentle stretching and light finger pressure on the head and spine. This is absolutely painless for the baby.